Thursday, December 4, 2008

My Cadillac Records Review (No Spoilers)


Saw the advanced screening last night. Great movie! If I could sum up the entire movie in two words, it would be: History Lesson.
I learned some things that I definitely didn't know about artists jacking songs and people not getting paid their just due.
But this movie also serves as an example of why all you aspiring artists, songwriters, etc. should know this business inside and out before you jump in it.
Folks in the industry are ruthless and will take advantage of you If you're talented and don't know your stuff.
Beyonce did a great job. Oscar maybe? We'll see. My favorite character was Definitely Columbos Short's character. You'll see why...
Overall, great movie. Go see it, and get informed! Cadillac Records is in theatres TOMORROW!

No comments: