Friday, October 10, 2008

Brandy Radio Promo Tour...



Sooo Brandy hit up Radio-One in Raleigh, NC yesterday on a Promo Tour in anticipation of her new album "Human" IN STORES December 9th.
I've gotta say after meeting this girl, she's really down to earth and probably one of the nicest artist's I've ever met. I noticed upon first meeting her that she really likes to connect to people. I stuck my hand out to shake hers to introduce myself and she kinda knocked it away and came in for a hug...shocked me...but I wasn't complainin ;) She had basically her entire family with her (Minus Ray-J). Her mother, sister and daughter all accompanied her on this road trip on a tour bus.

There was a private meet and greet with radio winners at a local italian restaurant where she played a few songs off the album ("Human" December 9th). One of which is the 2nd single. It's called "Long Distance" and it's another produced by Rodney Jerkins. I wasn't blown away by it, but it was cool.
Another joint she played was titled "Warm It Up." Kinda up tempo, I remember I was really feelin this one. I would've loved to get either of these tracks to drop for you, but her manager, Ryan, was like a Hawk guarding his BABY with the album and definitely wasn't ready to leak anything yet.

After the meet and greet at the restuarant, it was time to go SKATING. She hit up the local Skate Ranch. It was off the CHAIN! Her momma AND daughter got out there, and Brandy really suprised me with how well she could skate. Her mom said she hadn't skated in about 30 years but she was GETTIN IT!HA! She did say though, "If I can't make it out of North Carolina, then you know'll why." The DJ was spinnin a lot of her old songs, and I almost forgot how FIYA a lot of her old stuff is. When "Sittin on top of the world" dropped?! It was wrap!

Overall, it was a great experience and I doubt she'll ever forget this trip to North Carolina.

2 comments:

anderson said...

What do you mean you weren't blown away by Long Distance? Everyone is going crazy over that song!

DaveEmoney said...

^It'll probably grow on me...just didn't do it for me right then and there...