Monday, October 20, 2008

Introducing: Leigh Jones


WOW! Ok, so I was given this young ladies album today. I knew I recognized the name but couldn't remember from where. So I talk to one of my homies in the "Industry" and he tells me she used to be on HiddenBeach Records(Jilll Scott). What's the significance of Hidden Beach you say?

Well I used to be a college Rep for HiddenBeach when I was going to East Carolina University. And this was one of the artists that they never released an album from. I knew of her but had NEVER heard any of her music.
Soo fast forward to today. I'm get the album and I'm told to that it's hot and that her single "Freefall" is getting radio play on urban radio.

Well I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting too much, but let me tell you. I was blown away. The music is sooo soulful and smooth. The only thing I can say nice (referring to HiddenBeach) is that they probably didn't realize how to market Leigh.
But anywhoo, Leigh (Pronounced "Lee") Jones debut album "Music In My Soul" is IN STORES NOW! If you like neo-soul music like Jill Scott, Chrisette Michelle or Angie Stone you MUST get this album.
(Check out her new single "Freefall" when you click on the post title)

No comments: