Sunday, October 26, 2008

Lloyd & Ludacris@NCCU Homecoming...(Durham NC, 10/25)





Ok, so here we go. First of all I was a bit disappointed to see that there was only about 500 people in attendance but I was granted backstage access and got to see some verrry interesting things. First of all, DTP artist Brolic from Raleigh, NC was scheduled to perform before Lloyd but apparently someone cracked his CD and it wouldn't play. He was visibly upset but didn't lash out at anyone behind the scenes. He looked at the CD and said "Someone sat on this CD, who had it?" No one knew who originally had it, so everyone just had to deal with the situation. So scratch Brolic, The Dj ended up spinnin until it was time for Lloyd.
Let me tell you, this was my first time seeing Lloyd Live and I must say I was very impressed. He did a great job of incorporating dance moves and being able to sing LIVE....at... the.... SAME.... time (What a concept!). He had two male backup dancers. He really connected with his female fans and they really seemed to appreciate that. And for me, I've seen over 50 concerts and I can really tell when someone is giving their all in a performance and Lloyd was definitely giving his best effort. I talked to him for a second after his set. He told me about a remix with Plies and Fabolous of what I think he meant was "Year of The Lover." I've heard the Plies version, but Fab too? Anybody heard that?? But I talked to one of his boyz and we exchanged contact info, so hopefully I can get that for you soon. I kinda wish his set would've been a little longer. Didn't get to hear all of my favorite songs from him, but I should get to see him perform again in the near future.
Lloyd performed the following songs:
I'm Wit It
Lose Your Love
Treat You Good
Player's Prayer
Year of The Lover
Southside
I want you
Get It Shawty
Girls All Around The World

Now for Ludddaaaa, I've made it clear numerous times before that Luda is one of my favorite MC's of all time. This was my 2nd time seeing him LIVE and I really think he was tired. That's not to say that he didn't give a good performance, but we all know that Luda is known for his high energy and to ME he seemed visibly fatigued. But lets put this in to perspective, he's been promoting his 2 movies out this month, just finished the BET Hip Hop Awards, and fitting in spot performances here and there. I would be tired too. The 500+ folks in attendance were hype though and he fed a bit off their energy.
Durham, NC's own 9th Wonder was in attendance. He produced a song on Luda's new album called "Do The Right Thing" featuring Common & Spike Lee. If you look at the last picture above you can see 9th right behind Luda. DTP artist Lil Fate was Luda's hype man. I thought it was funny when he performed "Southern Hospitality", he said "North Carolina Central girls give me Central h***." Little things like that are really good to incorporate to make your audience feel special. I wish he would've done a couple songs off the new album besides "What them girls like." REALLLLLY wanted to hear "Chopped N Screwed" or "One More Drink."
Luda's set included the following songs:
Southern Hospitality
You's A Hoe
If u don't give a....
Yeaah (Usher)
I'm so hood
They know (Shawty Lo)
Gettin Some
Freak Girl (Gucci Mane)
P**** Poppin
What Them Girls Like

Overall, it was a very good show. I'll give it an 8 out of 10.

1 comment:

Dr, Late Nite said...

500 people. WOW! Tell Ceau to get dem straight over at Central